And thanks to our good friend, Rev, he’s created a meatball recipe worthy of putting anyone into pork lust. We suggest you try making his recipe for these meaty balls of goodness. They’re cooked in bacon grease and taste like they were born from the Pork God. Don’t believe in the Pork God? Well, start praying because you’re about to meet him after you take a bite out of one of these babies.
10 ounces ground Beef (Chuck works best)
6 ounces Sweet Italian Pork Sausage, skin removed
4 ounces Hot Italian Pork Sausage, skin removed
1 1/2 cups Panko (Japanese- style breadcrumbs)
1 large Egg, lightly beaten
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh Rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
Coarse Salt and Ground Pepper
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
3-4 Strips Bacon
1. In a large bowl, combine Beef, Italian Sausage, Panko Bread Crumbs, Egg, Garlic, Rosemary, Lemon Juice, 1/2 teaspoon Coarse Salt, and 1/4 teaspoon Pepper. Mix just until combined.
2. Fry the Bacon in a pan and do NOT throw away the grease. I suggest the gourmet Boss Hog Hickory smoked bacon from Bacon Freak.
3. Line a glass pan with the Bacon Grease and 1 Teaspoon of Olive Oil.
4. Form 1 inch Meatballs and place into pan.
5. Bake for approximately 25 minutes at 350 degrees in the oven.
6. Serve with your favorite Red Sauce. If you really want to make a hit with these, make your sauce fresh and don’t use from the jar.
These meatballs are perfect for dinner, entertaining, or if you’re just hankering for some tasty meaty balls. Get your mind out of the gutter. We’re talking about bacon, here.
*Makes about 2 dozen Meatballs