Looking for a fun, Fall recipe that is super easy to make?
These Pumpkin Rice Crispy Bacon Balls are fun to serve at a Halloween party or game day event. Or they’re good to have on hand to satisfy your pumpkin and bacon dessert cravings.
They’re easy enough to make with the kids on a rainy afternoon. This recipe was adapted from Thecomfortofcooking.com.
Pumpkin Rice Crispy Bacon Balls Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 10 oz. marshmallows (mini are easier to work with)
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/4 – 1 cup finely chopped bacon (use more if desired)
- Melt your butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Stir in pumpkin puree, cooking until warmed through.
- Fold in marshmallows, stirring frequently until melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Let marshmallow mixture cool at room temperature for 20 minutes to prevent the rice cereal from getting soggy when you mix it in.
- Add the crispy rice cereal and chopped bacon (as much as you want). Stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl or pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Form large spoonfuls of the mixture into balls, then roll them in finely chopped bacon if you want more bacon.
- I find that keeping your hands damp or even spraying them with non-stick spray will keep the mixture from sticking to you hands when you form it into balls.
- Inset lollipop sticks into each ball to make rice crispy pops. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until set.