For those of you that like to kick back with a movie more often than not, buttered popcorn is a timeless classic and always a treat. But I think we all know what would be even better. BACON Popcorn! But not just any bacon popcorn, SPICY BACON!
One of my favorite ways to use leftover bacon grease is to use it for popping that popcorn. It’s the perfect substitute for the traditional oils and butter while lending a delicious bacon flavor to your kernels. Here’s how you can make the oh-so-delicious Jalapeño Bacon Popcorn:
1 lb Jalapeño Bacon
1 Jalapeño, chopped (optional)
1. Cook your bacon however you prefer. Drain your bacon and set the grease aside.
2. In your stovetop popper, simply add 1-2Tbsp or the grease and 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels and turn your heat to high. Your popcorn is done when there is 1-2 seconds between each pop.
3. For extra bacon flavor, add small chopped pieces of the cooked bacon.
This popcorn has a mild jalapeño flavor and isn’t too spicy for your average eater. If you LOVE spice, try doing the following:
1. Cook a few strips of bacon in a skillet. Leave the heat on, but drain the cooked bacon so the grease remains in the pan. Add the optional chopped jalapeños (leave the seeds in for even MORE spice) and sauté them in the grease until they are soft.
2. In your stovetop popper, use 1-2Tbsp or the jalapeño bacon grease and 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels and turn your heat to high. Your popcorn is done when there is 1-2 seconds between each pop.
3. Now that your popcorn is extra spicy, all you need is more bacon! Add small chopped pieces of the cooked bacon.
What movie isn’t worth watching when it’s accompanied with a big bowl of Jalapeño Bacon Popcorn? Nope, can’t think of any! Well… Maybe Trolls 2.