Cheesy Bacon Cauliflower Tartlets
Across the Internet and blogosphere, cauliflower is getting almost as popular as kale. People have come up with all kinds of ways to sneak cauliflower into recipes (we’re looking at you, cauliflower pizza crust). This recipe is a sneaky way to get some healthy cauliflower into your diet, in an incredibly tasty way. Laureen Pittman from Riverside, California submitted this recipe to the Pillsbury Bake-Off and it was selected as a finalist. Become a fan of Pillsbury’s Facebook page for tons of recipe ideas and inspiration.
• 30 min prep time
• total time 55 min
• ingredients 7
• servings 24
1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
1 box (10 oz.) Green Giant™ Steamers™ frozen cauliflower & cheese sauce
3 slices thick-sliced bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz.)
1/2 teaspoon Watkins™ Thyme Leaves
1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
1. Heat oven to 400°F. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 6 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until soft and golden brown. Remove from heat.
2. Meanwhile, microwave frozen cauliflower as directed on box. Add cauliflower, bacon, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to the onion; mix well, breaking up any large pieces of cauliflower with fork.
3. Unroll pie crusts on work surface. Using 2 1/2-inch round cutter, cut 12 rounds from each pie crust. Press 1 round in bottom and up side of each of 24 ungreased mini muffin cups; prick bottoms with fork. Bake 8 minutes.
4. Spoon about 1 tablespoon cauliflower mixture into each cup; sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon of the Parmesan cheese.
5. Bake 6 to 10 minutes longer or until Parmesan cheese is melted and edges of crust are light golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes; serve warm.