There’s bacon… and then there’s candied bacon. Candied bacon has that delicious salty and savory flavor of bacon mixed in with a punch of sweet goodness. It’s like you’ve been craving these two opposites to hit your taste buds at exactly the same time. Then *POW*. Candied bacon hits the spot.
Candied Bacon is the perfect appetizer for any party. You’ll look like a party-planner extraordinaire if you serve up this salty, sweet treat to your guests. The fun part, (aside from the delicious smell of cooking bacon), is that it’s fairly easy to make. Read on to make your own batch of candied bacon.
What you will need:
1 cup of brown or raw sugar
1.5 pounds of bacon
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F
2. Place wire cooling racks in a shallow baking dish or jelly roll pan and spray with non-stick spray.
3. Coat each piece of bacon, on both sides, with brown sugar.
4. Place each piece of coated bacon on the wire cooling rack.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the bacon appears to be caramelized and somewhat crispy. Watch closely after 15 minutes since the sugar can begin to burn when left in too long. Serve immediately.
Don’t forget to make a lot. This dish goes quickly among bacon lovers all over.