Baconfest Chicago is a full day celebration of bacon: a Fest to end all Fests. Baconfest’s roster of bacon-inspired activities, bacon-foods, and bacon-spirits comprise the greatest single culinary and cultural festival ever dedicated to Bacon and Bacon only.
We’ve seen many other Baconfests and even attended a Baconcamp but Baconfest Chicago (April 10, 2010) aims to be the coup de grâce to all other festivals of bacon. How will it achieve the ultimate in baconawesomeness? Start with Baconfest Chicago’s location – the luxurious Stan Mansion. Bacon has finally found a facility worthy of its greatness. Next, take the price tag of $45 that gets you a 12-course bacon-enriched meal prepared by 24 exhibiting chefs from posh Chicago restaurants. Whew! I’m getting hungry just writing this article.
But wait, there’s more (that’s right I went there). The festivities for Baconfest Chicago also include:
- An amateur bacon cook-off sponsored by Nueske’s
- A bacon poetry competition
- A Bacon Expo where you can meet artisan bacon-makers and bacontrepreneurs and sample a wide spectrum of local craft bacons and bacon-related products.
- The Bacon Café, Bar & Cocktail Lounge, local restaurants will serve bacon-based snacks; local bakeries will concoct bacon-sweets; local bars will serve up bacon cocktails and refreshing beer.
- On stage local artists, poets, musicians and theater-makers will join with bacon experts from all around the region during the Bacon Cultural Explosion.
- And to top it all off, the Golden Rashers, the Oscars of the bacon world, presented to the winners of the Pro & Amateur Bacon Cook-offs, as well as a bevy of other prize categories.
Okay people. You love bacon. Chicago is a major airport hub. You bought your tickets right?
If you do attend Baconfest Chicago, please send us any photos, videos, or stories you’d like to share with the bacon-loving world. We’ll be glad to post them.
Categorized in: Bacon News