This recipe is perfect for a small-scale holiday celebration. Ideal for an intimate Thanksgiving dinner, this recipe is just as impressive as an entire turkey. Maybe even more impressive. ‘Cause it’s wrapped in bacon. You can’t really go wrong, can you.
Sharone Hakman is the self-taught chef and culinary entrepreneur known for his breakout role on Fox’s MasterChef. The former financial planner and father of two became well known by the judges for his “secret weapon,” his barbecue sauce. The highly acclaimed chef naturally took the next step and left the corporate world behind to pursue his passion while starting Hak’s BBQ, his barbecue sauce company. Sharone Hakman has stoked the fires of his culinary career, but even with international television success and celebrity clientele Hakman never gives up who he is: a family man, an active lifestyle enthusiast, and a lover of food. Check out his YouTube Channel and follow him on Instagram @sharonehakman.
1 turkey breast
2 tbsp Grapeseed Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
8-10 slices of bacon – enough to wrap entire turkey breast
Serves 5 or 2 big dudes.
1. Season turkey breasts with salt and pepper.
2. Heat grapeseed oil in sauté pan, then add the turkey breast and pan-sear to achieve a nice golden crust.
3. Set aside and allow to cool. It’s very important to let your meat rest.
4. Line up bacon on a baking sheet, slightly overlapping the pieces. Place (cooled) seared turkey breast in the middle of the bacon, then wrap bacon around the turkey.
5. Carefully flip bacon-wrapped turkey over so that the ends of the bacon are underneath the turkey breast.
6. Roast in oven at 425° for 20-25 minutes.
Serve with grilled sweet potatoes. Coat sweet potatoes in olive oil, salt, pepper, and a kick of cinnamon. Toss potatoes on the grill and cook until charred and softened.