Okay, I’ll admit it…I was the friend who’s source sparked the “almost” article yesterday about a bacon emergency. I was told by a reliable source that there was “a bacon warehouse on fire in Pomona, CA.”
When I heard those words my heart sank. Poor bacon. Poor, poor bacon. I called Mr. B. right away with the news and he went on the hunt for the news item. Unfortunately, he came up dry.
Today, I learned exactly why the story was nowhere to be found. Turns out our usually reliable source needs a hearing aid. The radio program our source heard didn’t say “bacon warehouse on fire”. Turns out the announcer said “vacant warehouse on fire.”
Now, some folks will say it was an honest mistake. They will say live and let live. But fellow bacon lovers, we would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for this unnecessary fright.
No bacon was harmed during the writing of this article.
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/aloi/65709310/
Categorized in: Bacon News