Bacon Jam Piggy Bread Rolls
When we first saw this recipe for Piggy Buns, we were confused. We didn’t know if we we should eat them, or give them a cuddle. We still don’t know! Perhaps both is a good idea! Give ‘em a little kiss and a little cuddle before devouring them. But seriously, have you ever seen anything more cute and more delicious looking at the same time??
This recipe from SoGoodBlog.com would be a fun addition to your Christmas dinner menu. Made from scratch bread rolls, stuffed with bacon jam, your family and friends will be impressed with these adorable, scrumptious rolls. Served warm right out of the oven, is there anything better than a doughy roll that’s been stuffed with bacon jam? They’re a must for any bacon-loving family! Merry Christmas!
14 oz. all purpose flour
7/8 cup warm water
1 1/2 oz. soft butter
1/4 oz. instant yeast
1/2 tsp. salt
10 tsp. Bacon jam red chile & garlic
10 1/2 inch thick slices of chorizo
1 egg yolk mixed with 1 tbsp warm water for egg wash
1. Mix the flour and yeast. Place them in a mixer with the dough hook attachment.
2. Add the warm water, salt and soft butter and mix for 2-3 minutes or until it forms a soft ball. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and place it in a warm place. Let the dough rise until it is double in size, them transfer it on a lightly floured surface.
3. Preheat oven to 375 F.
4. Punch the dough and knead it for a minute, then divide it into 11 balls.
5. Flatten a ball of dough into the palm to make 4 inch round.
6. Spoon in the middle 1 tsp of bacon jam and place ½ inch thick slice of chorizo.
7. Fold the dough to make a ball and gently pinch the edges to close the ball. With your hands roll it gently to make the perfect ball.
8. Place it on a baking tray lined with silicon baking mat.
9. Repeat until 10 balls of dough are used.
10. Use remaining ball of dough to make ears, noses and tales for the piggies.
11. To make the noses, roll the dough out to 1/16-inch thick. Cut out 10 1/2 inch circles. With egg wash glue them to the buns and secure them with 2 toothpicks.
12. Take a lsmall amount of dough and shape it with your index finger and thumb, to make it look like an ear. Glue the ears with egg wash to the bun.
13. Use remaining dough to make curly tails and glue them too.
14. Use peppercorns to make eyes.
15. Brush the piggies with egg wash.
16. Bake for 15 -20 minutes or until golden.
17. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Enjoy!