While most of you were wondering “Oh, how can I make this fall just a little bit better than last year?”, we already figured out the answer. We’ve updated the popular Bacon Pumpkin Seeds Recipe with a bit more bacon and a bit more spice!
1. Preheat over to 250 degrees.
2. In small bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Add in Cayenne pepper if you want to make your seeds spicy.
3. In bowl, mix pumpkin seeds with the bacon olive oil until the seeds are thoroughly coated. If you are using stored bacon grease, you’ll want to warm it up in the microwave.
4. Pour in dry mixture a little at a time and coat oiled seeds thoroughly.
5. Spread the coated seeds evenly on a greased cookie sheet (if you used bacon grease, you won’t need to grease the pan).
6. Cook in the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes checking every 10 minutes for doneness.
If you want to make this recipe even more flavorful and spicy, we recommend that you use bacon grease from a jalapeno or cajun flavored bacon.