There are few things as great as the smell of crispy bacon that has been fried early in the morning.
But how would you feel if you told you that air fryer bacon is also a thing, and is equally delicious (if not more!) and super easy to make. In fact, even those people who aren’t that big on bacon will love this recipe that we have compiled below since it is just so delicious and fuss-free!
All you need to do is go looking for a great air fryer, get some fresh bacon, and be ready to enjoy a delicious breakfast.
So, let’s get started!
Crispy Bacon Strips Cooked in an Air Fryer
Bacon and an air fryer is a combination you didn’t know you needed.
From making the perfect food when camping out (with a power inverter, for the air fryer of course), or entertaining guests at home, you can prepare so many recipes with these two in your arsenal. However, we decided to cover the classic bacon recipe which everyone adores – crispy (air) fried bacon.
- 6 ounces bacon strips (regular or thick-cut)
- Lay the bacon strips inside the air fryer basket. Make sure that they are assembled in a single layer. Cut the bacon in half crosswise in case there isn’t enough space. Remember, the bacon will shrink as it cooks, so even if some pieces overlap, it shouldn’t be a big deal.
- Now comes the time to set the air fryer. The machine should be set to 400°, and the bacon slices need to be cooked well till it gets super crispy – this should take you about 10 minutes.
- You can keep checking the bacon halfway through and rearrange the slices as needed with the help of tongs.
- Line a plate with paper towels. After the frying time is up – and the bacon is cooked perfectly to your liking – transfer it to the plate to drain.
NOTE: You can store the cooked bacon in the refrigerator for around four days – provided you place it in an airtight container. If you freeze the air-fried bacon, it can last for three months.
Choosing an Air Fryer for Cooking Bacon
Basket Style Air Fryer – These are a bit more compact and tend to work well for smaller families. These are generally easy to clean as well, as many of the plastic models have baskets and other parts that are safe to wash in the dishwasher.
Toaster Oven Style Air Fryer – These take up a bit more space, but they’re great for larger families and with most recipes you can cook more volume of food in a single batch. Often, these air fryer overs can cook food faster as well. You may be able to save a minute or two of cook time when cooking bacon in a toaster oven style air fryer.
Most Popular Basket Style Air Fryers
- Emeril's 9-1 Air Fryer replaces your countertop convection oven! 5 all-over heating elements mimic a commercial-quality oven for perfect, even cooking. Most convection ovens only have 3. 12 pre-set cooking functions let you choose what you want to cook and how: custom toaster oven setting for up to 6 slices of bread, roast a whole turkey, bake desserts, air fry fried chicken, slow cooking up to 10 hours, roast vegetables, dehydrate jerky and fruit, bake crisp-crust pizza & more.
- Better Than Your Ordinary Convection Oven with 360° Quick Cook Technology and five super powerful heating elements mean your meals cook evenly on all sides in a whirlwind of super-heated air for crispy, delicious flavors. No added fats, oils, or unhealthy grease required. Get chef-quality results in one compact, 1500-Watt countertop oven - 40% faster than regular ovens
- Extra Versatile LCD Digital Display with 12 Cooking Functions: Air fry, bake, rotisserie, dehydrate, toast, reheat, roast, broil, bagel, pizza, slow cook, and warm / reheat. Using an air fryer over a traditional deep fryer can help reduce the number of unhealthy calories you consume by up to 70% while still letting you enjoy your favorite foods.
- Stainless-Steel Construction : A sleek, state-of-the art appliance to complement your kitchen and surrounding accessories, this all-in-one air fryer, rotisserie, and dehydrator oven provides long-lasting versatility and an XL 930 cubic inch capacity. Includes a crisper tray, rotisserie spit, pizza rack, baking pan, drip tray, and cook book with recipes written by Emeril himself!
- Trusted Emeril Lagasse Quality : Every multi-purpose hot air fryer we produce is backed by chef-quality design, construction, and support to ensure it lasts through every evening meal, holiday dinner, and quick bite of delicious fries!
- 7 in 1 APPLIANCE: Air Fry, Bake, Broil, Toast with browning levels from light to dark, Warm (up to 450°), Convection Bake, and Rotisserie, all in a single appliance, making mealtime more efficient and taking up less space on your countertop or cupboards.
- HEALTHIER FRIED FOOD: This versatile countertop convection oven is also a full air fryer, with AirCrisp technology that cooks using hot air for crispy fried foods with 75% less fat than deep frying without sacrificing the flavor of your fried food.
- LARGE CAPACITY: 23L capacity is perfect for large families, entertaining, picky eaters and more. Holds up to 6 slices of toast, a whole rotisserie chicken, or a 12-inch pizza!
- EASY TO USE: The Air Fryer Oven’s six heating elements and dual thermostats give you precise control over oven temperature and provide consistent cooking. All removable included parts are machine washable for easy clean up
- INCLUDES: Backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty (2 yr with Feel Good Rewards Registration), the 1450W Air Fryer Oven comes with Air Fry Basket, Baking Pan, Oven Rack, Drip Tray, Rotisserie Skewer, Recipe Guide, and recipe database access. Available in Stainless Steel or Graphite.
- DIGITAL CRISP CONTROL TECHNOLOGY: Precision-controlled temperature, heat source, and airflow for ultimate versatility and optimum cooking performance.
- 8-IN-1 VERSATILITY: The ultimate meal-making machine with 8-in-1 functionality: Air Fry, Air Roast, Air Broil, Bake, Bagel, Toast, Dehydrate, and Keep Warm all in one powerful, 1800-watt appliance.
- LESS FAT: Eat all of your air fried favorites guilt-free with up to 75% less fat when using the Air Fry function vs. traditional deep frying. Tested against hand-cut, deep fried French Fries.
- FASTER COOKING: Cooks up to 60% faster than a traditional oven on Air Roast; 60-second preheat; full meals in as little as 20 minutes.
- LARGE CAPACITY: 45% larger usable pan cooking area vs. the flat surface area of the Cuisinart toa-60 and toa-65 pan. Fits a 13" Pizza, up to 9 slices of toast, or 6 chicken breasts (6–8 oz. each).
Most Popular Toaster Over Style Air Fryers
- 6-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Air fry, broil, roast, dehydrate, bake and reheat
- ONE-TOUCH SMART PROGRAMS: Customizable cooking programs for easy chicken wings, roasted veggies, cinnamon buns and more.
- EVENCRISP TECHNOLOGY: Delivering all the crunch and tenderness of deep-frying with 95% less oil.
- EASY TO USE DISPLAY: Touchscreen shows each stage of cooking.
- EASY CLEAN-UP: Non-stick, dishwasher safe air fry basket and tray.
- 【Quick and Healthy】Cook delicious, healthier fried food for the whole family without oil is possible now. Plus, without sacrificing flavor or delicious, crispy texture, the 5 Quart LLIVEKIT air fryer circulates hot air to cook thoroughly without the oil and mess of a standard fryer, reducing added fat while maintaining flavor and crispiness
- 【Sizable Basket Capacity】Comes with a 5 L capacity and cookbook. Dishwasher-safe removable basket makes cleaning easier. Under the help of the recipes provided, you can easily prepare large servings of fries, veggies, wings, and more
- 【LED Display with Touchscreen】The air fryer has a 10 cooking mode adjustable setting to choose from. you can easily prepare chips, chicken wings, pizzas, steaks, cakes, bread and other foods to add flavor to your life. Within the time allowed (0-60 minutes), cooking temperature (180-400℉) and heat preservation time (2h)
- 【Easy Clean Up】Featuring a large digital display with capacitive touch control at the top of the fryer, it’s simple to control every meal. When the cooking is done, simply place the dishwasher-safe fry basket on the top rack for the easiest cleanup ever
- 【Safe to Use】 The auto shut off function allows you to check your food easily and safely when cooking. To pull out the basket to check and the air fryer stops working; to push it back securely and it resumes working. Also, LLIVEKIT low fat air fryer that is approved by CE, CB, GS, LFGB, Reach, FDA, ETL and RoHS
- 🥩FUNCTIONAL: Air fryer provides 6 preset functions, you can achieve your food freedom, you can fry fries, grilled chicken, chicken legs, egg tarts, cakes, squid, shrimp, dumplings, sweet potatoes, steak, etc., very functional. Air fryer with air outlet, take care not to touch when using; removable button for easy cleaning
- 🍟EASY TO USE: Air fryer xl just need to plug in the power, turn on the switch, according to the corresponding food temperature and time, (temperature range of 180-400 ° F, the time range of 0-30 minutes ) can wait a few minutes, you can enjoy the food; The air fryer will automatically power off after use, so there is no need to guard it all the time. The lazy man must have fryer. surdarx air fryers will come with a delicious recipe and instructions, very easy
- 🍤OIL-FREE HEALTH: Large air fryer and traditional deep fryers, barbecue, etc., can reduce more fat, less oil; Air fyers without oil, using the principle of high-speed air circulation, the air into "oil", rapid heating and crisp food, so you practical food more safe and healthy
- 🍗SIZE: fryer size: 34cm * 29cm, outer pot 5.5L, frying basket can accommodate 2 pounds of roast chicken,: temperature range of 180-400 °F, time range of 0-30 minutes, net weight of 4.3kg
- 🥐NOTE: Please remove all packaging materials before use; remove the stickers or labels on the product. The shell of the fryer has electronic components and heating devices, and it cannot be soaked in water.Medium or rinse under water. No need to put oil and liquid in the fryer
How to Prep and Cook Bacon in an Air Fryer
If you choose a basket air fryer to cook your bacon, the size and configuration of the air fryer basket play a crucial role when it comes to determining the right settings. While some baskets are round, some are square – and some even rectangular. You need to cut your bacon in a way that fits all the pieces when put in a single layer. See this article for info about how to pick a basket style for your air fryer.
Even the cook time will vary depending on the thickness of the bacon. Having said that, you do not have to worry about increasing the cooking time when you open the machine to test the doneness. If you find that the bacon slices aren’t as crispy as you would like, let it cook for a few extra minutes (1-3 minutes is good enough).
Tips to Prevent the Air Fryer from Smoking
Cooking bacon on an air fryer can have one problem – smoking.
To prevent the air fryer from getting smoky, you can place a piece of bread under the basket or simply turn on a fan or open the window. Another alternative is to insert the piece of bread Inside a basket to soak up some of the extra grease that usually drips down and leads to smoking.
Considering the versatility of bacon, there is so just much that you can do with bacon, but that doesn’t mean you can’t take a healthier and quicker alternative – an air fryer!
Air fying is an easy way that you can cook bacon at home. Not only is the recipe easy to make, but it’s also very tasty.