There are few things as great as the smell of crispy bacon that has been fried early in the morning.
But how would you feel if you told you that air fryer bacon is also a thing, and is equally delicious (if not more!) and super easy to make. In fact, even those people who aren’t that big on bacon will love this recipe that we have compiled below since it is just so delicious and fuss-free!
All you need to do is go looking for a great air fryer, get some fresh bacon, and be ready to enjoy a delicious breakfast.
So, let’s get started!
Crispy Bacon Strips Cooked in an Air Fryer
Bacon and an air fryer is a combination you didn’t know you needed.
From making the perfect food when camping out (with a power inverter, for the air fryer of course), or entertaining guests at home, you can prepare so many recipes with these two in your arsenal. However, we decided to cover the classic bacon recipe which everyone adores – crispy (air) fried bacon.
- 6 ounces bacon strips (regular or thick-cut)
- Lay the bacon strips inside the air fryer basket. Make sure that they are assembled in a single layer. Cut the bacon in half crosswise in case there isn’t enough space. Remember, the bacon will shrink as it cooks, so even if some pieces overlap, it shouldn’t be a big deal.
- Now comes the time to set the air fryer. The machine should be set to 400°, and the bacon slices need to be cooked well till it gets super crispy – this should take you about 10 minutes.
- You can keep checking the bacon halfway through and rearrange the slices as needed with the help of tongs.
- Line a plate with paper towels. After the frying time is up – and the bacon is cooked perfectly to your liking – transfer it to the plate to drain.
NOTE: You can store the cooked bacon in the refrigerator for around four days – provided you place it in an airtight container. If you freeze the air-fried bacon, it can last for three months.
Choosing an Air Fryer for Cooking Bacon
Basket Style Air Fryer – These are a bit more compact and tend to work well for smaller families. These are generally easy to clean as well, as many of the plastic models have baskets and other parts that are safe to wash in the dishwasher.
Toaster Oven Style Air Fryer – These take up a bit more space, but they’re great for larger families and with most recipes you can cook more volume of food in a single batch. Often, these air fryer overs can cook food faster as well. You may be able to save a minute or two of cook time when cooking bacon in a toaster oven style air fryer.
Most Popular Basket Style Air Fryers
- DIGITAL CRISP CONTROL TECHNOLOGY: Precision-controlled temperature, heat source, and airflow for ultimate versatility and optimum cooking performance.
- 8-IN-1 VERSATILITY: The ultimate meal-making machine with 8-in-1 functionality: Air Fry, Air Roast, Air Broil, Bake, Bagel, Toast, Dehydrate, and Keep Warm all in one powerful, 1800-watt appliance.
- LESS FAT: Eat all of your air fried favorites guilt-free with up to 75% less fat when using the Air Fry function vs. traditional deep frying. Tested against hand-cut, deep fried French Fries.
- FASTER COOKING: Cooks up to 60% faster than a traditional oven on Air Roast; 60-second preheat; full meals in as little as 20 minutes.
- LARGE CAPACITY: 45% larger usable pan cooking area vs. the flat surface area of the Cuisinart toa-60 and toa-65 pan. Fits a 13" Pizza, up to 9 slices of toast, or 6 chicken breasts (6–8 oz. each).
- Carbaugh, Darlene (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 96 Pages - 08/14/2021 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- COOK MEALS FASTER WHILE SAVING ENERGY — Experience ultra-fast cooking performance and prepare full meals in just a fraction of the time! Powerful Turbo MAXX Technology cooks french fries up to 22% faster, steak up to 37% faster, and chicken up to 27% faster, and saves consumers over 77% in energy than traditional ovens.
- ONE APPLIANCE TO REPLACE THE REST — This meal-making powerhouse can air fry, bake, toast, roast, rotisserie, braise, dehydrate, broil, and warm meals at the touch of a button — giving you everything you need in a single appliance.
- CHOOSE FROM 21 SMART PRESETS — Ready-to-cook meals, at the touch of a button. The intuitive digital interface offers 21 presets for a wide variety of menu options, delivering flawless results every time for deliciously crispy French fries, onion rings, chicken wings, shrimp, steak, wings, vegetables, and much more.
- PREPARE FAMILY-SIZED MEALS — Great for families and multi-person households, the MAXX features an extra-large 26-quart capacity and multiple rack levels which let you cook several different foods at a time, and prepare large, family-sized meals. The MAXX can fit a 14-pound turkey, 12-inch pizza, or up to 9 slices of toast in its cavity.
- ENJOY 9 DO-IT-ALL ACCESSORIES — MAXX-imize your cooking possibilities! A versatile collection of accessories includes an air frying basket, baking tray, air rack, crumb tray, bacon tray, steak tray, rotisserie spit & forks, rack handle, and rotisserie handle.
Most Popular Toaster Over Style Air Fryers
- Stellenberg, Leona (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 100 Pages - 04/29/2018 (Publication Date) - CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (Publisher)
- 6-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Air fry, broil, roast, dehydrate, bake and reheat
- EvenCrisp TECHNOLOGY: Advanced technology that drives air flow top down for a perfect golden finish and crispy, tender results every time!
- ONE-TOUCH SMART PROGRAMS: Customizable programs for one-touch wings, roasted veggies, garlicky potatoes, cookies, cinnamon buns and more!
- FAST PREHEATING: Little to no preheating time, from frozen to golden in minutes! Create gourmet meals with the versatility of a temperature range of 95 to 400° F.
- EASY CLEAN-UP: Non-stick, dishwasher safe air fry basket and tray.
- 8-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Air fry, roast, broil, bake, reheat, dehydrate, SyncCook and SyncFinish
- WATCH YOUR FOOD COOK: ClearCook windows and internal light to easily monitor cooking progress without opening the baskets
- DUAL BASKETS: Save time and eliminate back-to-back cooking like a traditional single-basket air fryer! Dual baskets allows you to cook 2 meals/appetizers, 2 different ways or larger batches!
- SYNCHRONIZED COOKING: SyncCook lets you cook both baskets with the same cooking settings; SyncFinish lets you program baskets with 2 different settings to automatically finish at the same time!
- EvenCrisp TECHNOLOGY: Advanced technology that drives air flow from top down for a perfect golden finish and crispy, tender results every time!
How to Prep and Cook Bacon in an Air Fryer
If you choose a basket air fryer to cook your bacon, the size and configuration of the air fryer basket play a crucial role when it comes to determining the right settings. While some baskets are round, some are square – and some even rectangular. You need to cut your bacon in a way that fits all the pieces when put in a single layer. See this article for info about how to pick a basket style for your air fryer.
Even the cook time will vary depending on the thickness of the bacon. Having said that, you do not have to worry about increasing the cooking time when you open the machine to test the doneness. If you find that the bacon slices aren’t as crispy as you would like, let it cook for a few extra minutes (1-3 minutes is good enough).
Tips to Prevent the Air Fryer from Smoking
Cooking bacon on an air fryer can have one problem – smoking.
To prevent the air fryer from getting smoky, you can place a piece of bread under the basket or simply turn on a fan or open the window. Another alternative is to insert the piece of bread Inside a basket to soak up some of the extra grease that usually drips down and leads to smoking.
Considering the versatility of bacon, there is so just much that you can do with bacon, but that doesn’t mean you can’t take a healthier and quicker alternative – an air fryer!
Air fying is an easy way that you can cook bacon at home. Not only is the recipe easy to make, but it’s also very tasty.