The Original Bacon Chocolate Peeps
You’ve probably heard of those sugar-coated brightly colored marshmallow birds of Easter joy. But have you heard of a way to make them even better? Add bacon! Seriously, add the bacon. Of course you need to throw in some chocolate for extra delicious flavor (and so those bacon bits can stick to that little chicky butt). It may sound a little overwhelming, but we assure you- the result is sweet, salty goodness. Make these Bacon Chocolate Peeps with your kids this Easter for a deliciously fun activity!
- 15 Peep Chickies
- 11 oz milk chocolate chips or melting candies
- 1/2 - 1 cup Gourmet Bacon, cooked, chopped
- Cook the bacon. Doesn\'t matter how you cook it- you can even cook it to your own preference. You like chewy? Go ahead. Crunchy, crispy, and blackened? Eww... but go ahead! When your bacon is all cooked and cooled, chop the bacon up into bits.
- Bring 1-2 inches of water to a rolling boil in a small saucepan. Once it\'s boiling, remove from heat and place a heat-poof bowl over it with the chocolates inside. Stir the chocolate until melted and smooth.
- Once you have the chocolate melted, dunk your Peeps into the chocolate to cover the bottom and tail of the peep. You can actually cover as much of the Peep as you\'d like if you\'re a big chocolate fan.
- Sprinkle as much chopped bacon onto the fresh chocolate then place the Peep on a parchment or wax paper lined baking sheet to cool. Repeat with remaining Peeps.
- And there you have it! Bacon Chocolate Peeps! Have fun with the many different colors of Peeps and really make people notice your... Peeps!
From The World of Sweet, Sweet Bacon
Tags: bacon chocolate, bacon chocolate covered Peeps, bacon chocolate Peeps, bacon Peeps, bacon wrapped, bacon wrapped Peeps, Easter bacon, Easter candy, Easter chocolate, Easter recipes, Peeps recipe
This post was written by Piggy Piggy Princess