Bacon Chocolate Challah Bread Pudding
This Bacon Chocolate Challah Bread Pudding recipe is one of 50 delicious recipes in Bacon Freak’s new cooking “Bacon Freak: 50 Savory Recipes for the Ultimate Enthusiast“. This recipe is for our Jewish fans who still partake of bacon every now and then. Challah’s thick, chewy texture is the ideal vehicle for bread pudding since it doesn’t get soggy. This recipe is incredibly easy to make and incredibly delicious to eat. Let the dairy come to room temperature so the butter won’t solidify when it’s added.
Diggin’ this bacon recipe? Order a copy of “Bacon Freak: 50 Savory Recipes for the Ultimate Enthusiast” for even more delicious recipes that any home cook can make. Filled with fun infographics, Bacon Freak also suggests the best booze pairings, offers information on curing your own bacon and cooking it perfectly, and includes a handy reference section covering must-visit bacon festivals, food trucks, and restaurants. Here’s everything you need to get your bacon freak on!
- 1 loaf challah
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups 2 percent milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- teaspoon salt
- cup unsalted butter, melted
- 10 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1 pound candied bacon
- Heat oven to 250F. Cut or tear the challah into 1" chunks. Place pieces of challah in a single layer on baking sheets and toast in the oven for 5-7 minutes until slightly toasted. Remove from oven
- and let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs then add the milk, half-and-half, sugar, vanilla extract, salt, and butter, and mix. Add the toasted bread to the liquid and mix until all the bread is wet. Add the chocolate and half the candied bacon until combined. Butter a 9" x 13" casserole or baking dish and then add the bread mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before cutting. Top each piece with a dollop of whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup if desired. Sprinkle remaining bacon on top and serve warm.
From the World of Sweet, Sweet Bacon
This recipe is property of Sterling Publishing Co., Inc. and Bacon Freak LLC. It may not be copied or distributed without permission from either party.
Tags: bacon, bacon cookbook, bacon freak, bacon freak cookbook, book, bread pudding, candied bacon, challah, Chocolate, cookbook, dark chocolate, dessert, jewish, jews for bacon, Sweets, vanilla
This post was written by Bacon Babe