Looking for a bacon and grilled cheese sandwich that’s different and mouthwatering? Check out my recipe below and take your taste buds into bacon sandwich euphoria!
This recipe makes 2 large sandwiches.
1 packages of Orville’s Apple Pie Bacon
1 granny smith apple
6 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
4 big pieces of Sourdough Bread (you can use whichever bread you’d like)
Line a baking sheet with foil, then lay out the bacon on the sheet. Place in the oven and then heat the oven to 400 degrees. Set the time for 17-20 minutes. Once your bacon is cooked, pat the excess grease off with some paper towels. Be careful because this yummy bacon can be a little sticky!
1. Lay out your pieces of bread and butter each piece.
2. Cover each piece of bread with your cheese slices. I used one and a half slices on each piece of bread. Feel free to use more or less if you’d like.
3. Core your apple then slice it into thin pieces. Layer your apple slices on one side of the bread for each sandwich. I used 6 think slices for each sandwich.
4. On top of the apples, layer your bacon! I find that the bacon strips will fit better on the bread if you cut them in half. Use as much bacon as you would like. I used 5-6 half slices for each sandwich. This bacon is cut very thick, so it doesn’t take many slices. Place the other piece of bread and cheese on top of the bacon.
5. At this point you can eat your sandwich as is, or grill it on a griddle or skillet pan. Here is how to do that:
6. Heat up your griddle (or skillet) on medium heat. Butter the top of your sandwich liberally with butter. Be sure to cover the whole piece of bread!
7. Once your griddle is warm, place the sandwiches butter side down onto it. Lower your heat to medium low and cover it with a lid if you have one large enough. Cooking it on low heat and covering the sandwiches while they are cooking will allow the cheese to melt all the way without burning the bread.
8. After a few minutes, go ahead and flip the sandwich. Cover again and grill for a few more minutes.
9. Once your sandwich is grilled to your liking, you’re ready to eat it!
And of course 10. ENJOY!
Tags: apple pie, apple pie bacon, apples, bacon, bacon recipe, Greatest Bacon Ever, grilled cheese, sandwich
This post was written by bacontodayadmin