Bacon, Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
The combination of peanut butter, bananas, bacon and honey in a sandwich is commonly known as “The Elvis” after the king of rock and roll. One story goes that Elvis ate his sandwiches with “caramelized bananas and crispy bacon on grilled Hawaiian bread, cooked in bacon fat.” There’s no denying that Elvis was definitely on to something. The mild sweetness of the banana perfectly pairs with crispy bacon and creamy peanut butter. Feel free to fry these babies up in bacon grease as a true homage to the King! This recipe is from Hormel Black Label Bacon. To see more bacony good recipes, go to Hormel.com or visit them on Facebook and Twitter.
- 16 slices Hormel Black Label Cherrywood bacon
- 4 tablespoons Skippy creamy peanut butter
- 4 slices bread 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Prepare bacon according to package directions; drain. Spread peanut butter on 2 slices bread. Top peanut butter with banana slices and bacon slices.
- Cover with remaining bread slices. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter. Cook in large skillet on medium heat 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serves 2