S’mores Bacon Pancakes
Did you know that International Pancake Day is on the same day as Shrove Tuesday, or more popularly know as Mardi Gras? Well, now you do, so don’t miss out. This year International Pancake Day is on Tuesday, February 9th. Pancakes are always amplified by bacon. It’s probably the perfect breakfast combination. Actually, we think bacon and pancakes are good at any time of the day. And let’s take things to the next level by mixing up this breakfast specialty with a dessert twist. We combined Boss Hog’s Maple Pancake Mix and Bacon Bits with chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers to create these ooey gooey S’more Bacon Pancakes. Top these tasty hotcakes with more chocolate, graham, and marshmallows or even drizzle with maple syrup and dollop of whipped cream as well. Boss Hog’s Maple Bacon Pancake Mix has so much maple flavor, you probably don’t even need any syrup, but a little extra sweetness never hurt anyone *wink*.
- 7 oz of Bacon Freak Maple Pancake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 graham crackers, crumbled
- 2 oz of cooked and crumbled*Gourmet Bacon*
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup marshmallows, cut up
- Maple Syrup (optional)
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175-200F.
- Whisk together pancake mix and water until smooth. Fold in graham crackers until just combined, then fold in the bacon bits, chocolate chips and marshmallow pieces.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup portions of batter onto the griddle and cook until bubbles start to form in the batter. Flip the pancakes over and cook until golden brown. Place cooked pancakes on a baking sheet and store in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve by stacking and topping with your favorite syrup and a dollop of whipped cream
From the World of Sweet, Sweet Bacon
Tags: bacon, bacon bits, bacon pancakes, breakfast, Chocolate, graham crackers, making bacon pancakes, marshmallow, national pancake day, pancake, pancakes, s'mores, smore
This post was written by Piggy Piggy Princess