Maple Dijon Bacon Chicken
This recipe is from Wholesomedelicious.com. The creamy sauce, maple syrup, dijon mustard, chicken, bacon and mushrooms create an irresistible combination of flavors. This recipe is suitable for those on the Paleo diet or for those looking for some dairy-free and gluten-free options. Chicken, bacon and mushrooms go together like peas and carrots, and the addition of the creamalicious sauce makes this dish out-of-this-world amazing! Check out Wholesomedelicious.com for more awesome, wholesome, hearty recipes and be sure to follow Amy on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more recipe inspiration.
- 4 slices of thick-cut bacon
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts or tenders
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 12 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- salt to taste
- Begin by heating a large skillet to medium high heat. Add bacon once hot, and cook to desired crispiness, about 4-5 min. per side. Remove bacon from heat and reserve 1 tbsp of bacon grease.
- Bring skillet back to your burner, add chicken to the pan. Cook each breast 3-4 min. per side (depending on thickness), but do not cook all the way through. Remove chicken from pan, but keep pan hot.
- Add coconut oil to the pan if it\'s dry, and then toss in mushrooms and leeks. Saute for 5-6 minutes, or until mushrooms are fragrant and leeks are softened.
- Crumble bacon into small pieces and return to the pan with mushrooms. Add chicken and coconut milk, stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dijon and maple syrup. Pour mixture into the pan and continue to whisk until well combined.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes. Serve over zoodles, spaghetti squash, or brown rice
From the world of sweet, sweet bacon.
Tags: bacon, casserole, caveman, chicken, coconut milk, dairy free, diet, dijon, gluten free, main dish, maple, mustard, paleo, primal, recipe, syrup
This post was written by Mr. B.