Bacon Blue Cheese Chicken
Litehouse has 3 new bacon dressings to satisfy a bacon lover’s cravings! Made with 100% real bacon, Bacon Blue Cheese, Avocado Ranch with Bacon and Bacon Vinaigrette will add some “sizzle” to your recipe repertoire. We sampled all 3 of these bacon dressings from Litehouse® Foods and were inspired to make this easy Bacon Blue Cheese Chicken meal for two using the Bacon Blue Cheese dressing. We took the toppings you traditionally find on a crispy wedge salad to create this juicy, flavorful dish. This Bacon Blue Cheese Chicken Bake is delicious on its own or slice it up and serve on top of a fresh wedge salad using even more Lighthouse® Bacon Blue Cheese Dressing. Read more about Litehouse® Foods new bacon dressings and find them in the refrigerated section of the supermarket.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup Litehouse Bacon Bleu Cheese Dressing
- 2 teaspoon flour
- 1/2 cup hickory smoked bacon, rendered, roughly chopped, divided
- 1/2 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly slices
- 1/2 cup croutons, crumbled
- 1-2 basil leaves, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix together 1/2 cup Litehouse Bacon Bleu Cheese Dressing, 1/4 cup of chopped bacon, and 2 teaspoons flour into a medium bowl. Dredge the chicken breasts in the dressing mixture until the chicken is evenly coated. Place chicken in an oven-safe baking dish. Layer the thinly sliced onions and tomatoes on top of each piece of chicken.
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes. While that is baking, toss together the remaining 1/4 cup chopped bacon with the crumbled croutons, then sprinkle over the top of the chicken. Continue baking for an additional 5-10 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F. Sprinkle with chopped basil leaves (optional).
From the World of Sweet, Sweet Bacon.
Tags: bacon, bleu cheese, blue cheese, cheese, chicken, chicken breast, crouton, dressing, litehouse, litehouse dressing, onion, real bacon, tomato, wedge, wedge salad
This post was written by Piggy Piggy Princess