Bacon Infused Manhattan Cocktail
This is part of our “bacon cocktails for Santa” series. Hey, Christmas is stressful. Why not kick back during the holidays with a bacon infused Manhattan cocktail? “Santa” doesn’t want milk. He wants this cocktail! To show Santa even more bacon love, pair them with this recipe for Salted Caramel Cookies. After a long day of reining in reindeer and going up and down chimneys, Santa needs a little drinky drink to get through the night. This recipe is from Hormel Black Label Bacon. To see more bacony good recipes, go to Hormel.com or visit them on Facebook and Twitter.
- 2-3 dashes cocktail bitters
- Ice cubes
- 1 1/2 ounces bacon-infused bourbon (recipe follows)
- 1/2 ounce dry vermouth
- 1/4 ounce sweet vermouth
- 1 strip crisp, cooked Hormel Cherrywood bacon,
- 1 cherry, for garnish
- 1 twist orange rind, for garnish
- 2 ounces bacon fat
- 4 ounces boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups bourbon
- To Mix Cocktail
- 1. Swirl bitters in chilled tumbler glass.
- 2. Fill cocktail shaker with large ice cubes. Add bacon-infused bourbon and vermouths.
- 3. Shake vigorously. Strain cocktail into chilled tumbler glass.
- 4. Garnish with bacon strip, skewered cherry, and orange rind.
- 1. Melt bacon fat and strain into bowl.
- 2. Add boiling water. Stir well and leave until melted fat has set.
- 3. Remove set bacon fat, scraping off any sediment from bottom. Repeat melting process.
- 4. Combine bourbon and bacon fat in quart-size jar. Seal and shake vigorously.
- 5. Leave bourbon to infuse at room temperature 5 to 8 hours.
- 6. Put jar in freezer until all bacon fat has solidiÔ¨Åed at the surface of the bourbon, about 1 hour.
- 7. Remove and discard bacon fat. Strain bourbon through Ô¨Åne mesh sieve lined with 2 coffee Ô¨Ålters.
From the world of sweet, sweet bacon.
Tags: bacon, bacon cocktail, cocktail, infused, manhattan, mixology, recipe, santa
This post was written by Mr. B.