Bacon Artichoke Dip
At parties, dips are often the first thing to go, and this dip is no exception. Made with artichoke hearts, cream cheese, parmesan cheese and bacon, this creamy, dreamy dip is a real crowd pleaser. Make it for your holiday party or for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. Keep the recipe handy for New Year’s Eve and Super Bowl Sunday. This dip will be devoured year-round. Feel free to change the cheeses that are used, but definitely keep the artichoke hearts in here! This recipe is from Kidsumers.ca, a play on “consumers.” This Canadian mom and lifestyle blog focuses on parenting, family, food and family travel. For more delicious recipes, follow them on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- 1 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 heaping tsp minced garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup cream (35%)
- 1 box (250ml) cream cheese, cut into small squares
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp basil
- Chop the artichokes and save 2 tbsp of marinade. Set aside.
- Crumble 4 slices of bacon. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion, saute until browned.
- Stir in cream and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and increase heat to medium until melted.
- Stir in artichokes, bacon and marinade.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Stir in the basil and half of the parmesan cheese.
- Crumble the remaining bacon strips.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow casserole dish and sprinkle the remaining parmesan and bacon on top.
- 12. Bake for 20 min or until bubbling.
From the world of sweet, sweet bacon
Tags: appetizer, artichoke dip, bacon, christmas, cream cheese, party, recipe, thanksgiving
This post was written by Bacon Babe