Who says s’mores are just for eating during the summer on camping trips? All you really need to make bacon s’mores is the ability to melt marshmallows. Or if you want a more nostalgic experience, you could toast the marshmallows in your fireplace. Mmm, there’s nothing better than eating s’mores around a toasty fireplace. Add some delicious crispy, salty bacon strips to the traditional s’mores recipe. Adding bacon adds more texture and flavors to what is already a pretty awesome eating experience. Make it even better with Hormel’s Black Label Brown Sugar Bacon. For more bacon recipes, go to Hormel.com or check them out on Facebook and Twitter.
- 24 slices Hormel Black Label Brown Sugar bacon
- 4 graham crackers, broken in half (8 squares)
- 1 (1.55-ounce) milk chocolate bar, quartered
- 4 marshmallows, toasted
- Heat oven to 400¬∞F. Cut each bacon slice in half. On flat surface, arrange 2 bacon half-slices side-by-side. Weave 2 bacon half-slices in opposite direction. Very carefully lift bacon lattice to large rimmed baking pan. Repeat with remaining bacon. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove from baking pan and drain. For each s‚Äômore, layer 1 graham square, 1 bacon square, 1 chocolate quarter, 1 bacon square, 1 toasted marshmallow, 1 bacon square and 1 graham square.
Tags: bacon, camping, dessert, graham crackers, hormel, maple, marshmallow, recipe, s'mores
This post was written by Mr. B.