Creamy Pasta with Bacon and Peas
This recipe is from Hellofresh.co.uk, a food delivery service that delivers fresh ingredients and healthy recipes straight to your doorstep each week. With HelloFresh, you can relax and skip a trip to the supermarket. They source all the ingredients for the included recipes and pack the exact quantities you will need. There’s no waste and they hunt down speciality produce that you won’t find in the supermarkets. How convenient is that!
Their recipe for Creamy Past with Bacon and Peas doesn’t taste “healthy” though! Made with bacon, parmesan, and crème fraîche, this is a rich, hearty comfort food dish that is perfect for a cold winter night! Any leftovers will taste even better the next day.
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Clove, chopped
- 4 tbsp Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- 12 strips bacon
- 500g Fusilli pasta
- 2 cups Peas
- 1 large pot Creme Fraiche
- 3 tbsp Parmesan
- 1 Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic. Roughly chop the parsley. Cut the bacon into small strips or lardons‚ if you're being posh!
- 2 Boil a large pot of water for your pasta with 1/2 tsp of salt.
- 3 Put a pan over a medium-high heat with ¬Ω tbsp of oil. Add the bacon and cook for 3 mins until starting to crisp and then remove from the pan. Tip: Place your bacon on some kitchen paper to soak up the oil. Reduce the heat to medium, add your onion and allow to cook gently for 4-5 mins until soft. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- 4 Add the pasta to the water and cook for 9 mins or until al dente. Add the peas for the last 2 mins of cooking time. Drain but keep some of the pasta water as you‚All need it for the sauce.
- 5 While your pasta is cooking turn your attention back to the sauce. Add the bacon back in along with 6 tbsp creme fraiche, 1/4 tsp of salt and a good few grinds of black pepper. Give it all a good stir.
- 6 Add the drained pasta and peas into the sauce along with 6 tbsp of the pasta water and grate in half the grated parmesan. Give it a really good toss in the pan and allow it to heat through.
- 7 Divide the pasta between your bowls and top with some of the chopped parsley and the remaining parmesan.
Tags: bacon, box, cream sauce, delivery, food, hello fresh, pasta, peas, rashers, recipe, service, subscription
Categorised in: Bacon Recipes
This post was written by Bacon Babe