Chocolate Bacon Soda Cake
You know all that bacon grease you’ve been saving in your fridge? Get it out. You’re gonna need it! This recipe uses ¾ cup of bacon grease in the cake and the frosting. The result is one of the richest, moistest cakes you’ve ever tasted. We’ve also used a bottle of Lester Fixin’s Chocolate Bacon Soda to give it even more chocolatey, bacony flavor. Chocolate Bacon Soda is a sweet fizzy soda with lots of chocolate flavor and a hint of smoky bacon. It’s a delicious addition to this awesome cake recipe. The next time someone gives you a bottle of bacon soda as a gag gift, search our site for a list of recipes using various bacon sodas.
Ingredients for the cake:
1 cup Chocolate Bacon Soda
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped Bacon, cooked
1 tsp. baking soda
1½ cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup bacon grease
1½ cup mini marshmallows
¼ cup cocoa
½ cup buttermilk
2 tsp. vanilla
Ingredients for the icing:
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup bacon grease
1/3 cup Chocolate Bacon Soda
3 Tbsp. cocoa
4 cups powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
Cooked, chopped bacon for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, combine the flour and baking soda. Blend well. Stir in sugar.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine butter, bacon grease, and marshmallows. Cook over medium heat until the marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat and whisk in cocoa. Set aside.
3. Add bacon soda, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. Slowly add butter/marshmallow/cocoa mixture. Stir until combined.
5. Pour into a greased 9” X 13” pan or two 9” circular pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. If you are using a dark pan, reduce the heat to 325° F once you put the cake in the oven.
6. For icing, combine butter, bacon grease, bacon soda, and cocoa in a medium saucepan, heat until just boiling.
7. Remove from heat and slowly stir in vanilla and sugar. Pour over warm cake. Sprinkle with chopped bacon.
Tags: bacon, cake, Chocolate, dessert, fixin's, grease, lester fixins, recipe, soda
This post was written by Piggy Piggy Princess