Super Bowl Sunday Grilled Bacon
Super Bowl Sunday is coming up! And what better appetizer is there to serve than grilled bacon on a stick? If you’re brave enough to risk the cold outdoor weather, fire up the grill and bbq these tasty skewers of meaty bacon for your Super Bowl guests. They can also be made in the oven for the less adventurous. Your guests will thank you as they devour these delicious marinated skewers of barbecued bacon!
This recipe comes from bacon fan Pamela Braun. Pamela writes the aptly-named blog Mymansbelly.com and believes that the best way to someone’s heart is through their stomach. Her easy recipes make cooking simple for even the most beginner cook. Check out her blog for more bacontastic recipes.
* 1 Package Thick Cut Bacon
* 1 Bottle Lawry’s Sweet Southern BBQ Marinade
1. Place bacon strips (pull the strips apart, don’t just throw the whole chunk of bacon in) into a one gallon zip top bag.
2. Pour the marinade over the bacon. Work the marinade around all the bacon strips.
3. Remove as much air as possible from the bag, seal it and pop it into the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
4. Soak wooden skewers in water for as long as you marinate the meat.
5. Heat up your grill but don’t turn on all the burners or make sure to push the briquets off to one side. You need to cook the bacon over indirect heat.
6. Thread the skewers through the meaty part of the bacon and not the fat. That way the bacon will stay on the skewers better.
7. Place the bacon on the spot of the grill where there’s no flame (indirect heat) and cook for 6 minutes. After 6 minutes, flip the bacon over and cook for another 6 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
Note: The bacon will be crisp on the edges and softer in the middle. It won’t crisp up like it does when you cook it in a pan or in the oven.
Tags: appetizer, bacon, barbecue, BBQ, football, game day, green bay, Grilled Bacon, on a stick, packers, recipe, seahawks, skewer, stick, super bowl sunday
This post was written by bacontodayadmin