Chicken and Bacon Paninis
A panini is the ultimate comfort food. Gooey, melty cheese, cristpy, salty bacon sandwiched between layers of grilled, toasty bread means one heck of a sandwich. Add some chicken and peppadew peppers and you’ve got this stellar finalist in the Pillsbury Bake-Off. This delish sandwich recipe was submitted by Donna Beck of Bonney Lake, Washington. We’re so excited to see who’s gonna take home the big 1 million dollar prize! We certainly hope that bacon is one of the ingredients in the winning recipe…
• total time 40 min
• ingredients 7
• servings 8
8 slices hickory-smoked thick-sliced bacon, cut in half crosswise
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons refrigerated basil pesto
1 tablespoon Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated original biscuits (8 biscuits)
1 package (9 oz.) refrigerated grilled chicken breast strips (1 cup)
1 cup drained peppadew peppers (from a jar), thinly sliced
1. Heat contact grill or panini maker 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels.
3. In small bowl, beat cream cheese, pesto and oil with electric mixer on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth.
4. Separate dough into 8 biscuits; separate each biscuit into 2 layers, making 16 dough rounds. Press each biscuit layer to form 5-inch round. Place 2 rounds on hot grill; close grill. Cook 30 to 60 seconds or until light golden brown. Remove from grill. Repeat with remaining rounds.
5. Spread about 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture on each round. Layer chicken, 2 bacon pieces and peppers on 8 rounds; top with remaining 8 rounds, cream cheese side down. Place 2 sandwiches on grill; close grill. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
Tags: 1 million, bacon, bake off, bonney lake, chicken, contest, donna beck, panini, paninis, pillsbury, recipe, sandwich, state, wa, washington
This post was written by bacontodayadmin