Bacon and Peanut Butter Chocolate Fries
Fries for dessert? Well sure, if they’re Bacon and Peanut Butter Chocolate Fries! Our jaws dropped to the floor when we saw this recipe from Pillsbury Bake-Off contestant Carolyn Nace of Windermere, Florida. Bring on the bacon, peanut butter and chocolate to create these tasty pastry dunkers. It’s another bacontastic finalist for the million-dollar prize in the Pillsbury Bake-Off.
• prep time 25 min
• total time 50 min
• ingredients 6
1 box Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pie Crust, softened as directed on box
1 cup Jif® Whips Whipped Peanut Butter & Chocolate Flavored Spread
5 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
½ cup honey-roasted peanuts, finely chopped
1 cup caramel topping
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line large cookie sheet with Reynolds® Parchment Paper.
2. Unroll pie crusts on work surface. Spread peanut butter chocolate spread over 1 pie crust to within 1/8 inch of edge; sprinkle with bacon. Top with remaining pie crust; press lightly into filling.
3. In small bowl, beat egg and 2 teaspoons water until blended. In another small bowl, mix peanuts and 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt. Brush egg mixture evenly over pie crust; sprinkle with peanut mixture. With pizza cutter or knife, cut 18 rows by 4 rows. Carefully place fries 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
4. Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, microwave caramel topping uncovered on High 30 to 50 seconds or until warm. Serve with fries.
Tags: bacon, bake off, caramel, carolyn nace, Chocolate, dessert, dippers, dipping, florida, Fries, jif, nutella, peanut butter, pie crust, pillsbury, recipe
This post was written by bacontodayadmin