Cooking Bacon in the Oven
Do you want to know how to cook bacon in the oven? Cooking bacon in the oven is the easiest way to cook bacon with the least amount of mess. It’s also the perfect way to cook bacon as the strips will end up crispy and delicious. This baking method depends on the thickness and quality of your bacon, so keep that in mind when you set the timer!
1. DON’T preheat the oven. That’s right. More on this later.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. If you like, you can place a cookie cooling rack on the sheet. This will let the fat render out completely as the grease runs off. You can also use a pyrex or casserole baking dish. Adding foil is optional.
3. Put the bacon strips on the sheet and place the pan on the middle rack of the oven.
4. NOW you can turn your oven to 375° F. As the oven heats, the bacon will cook at a gradually-increasing temperature. This means it will cook all the way through without getting too crispy or burnt.
5. Check the bacon in about 12-14 minutes. Some brands may take longer than others depending upon the thickness of the cut. Extra thick bacon could take up to 25 min. Let it cook until your desired level of crispiness is achieved.
6. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and using tongs or a fork, move the bacon to a paper to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the remaining fat and grease.
7. What are you waiting for?? Dig in!
Tags: bacon, bake, baked, baked bacon, baking, cook, cooked, easiest, easy, how to, how to cook bacon in the oven, no mess, oven, oven bacon, Recipes, tutorial
Categorised in: bacon
This post was written by bacontodayadmin