Fried rice for breakfast? Well sure, if it’s Bacon And Eggs Fried Rice from Gourmetpersuasian.com! You can mix it up with this recipe and add any veggies you would like. Or heck, you could eliminate them altogether and add more breakfast meats. Bacon, egg, sausage, chorizo and cheese fried rice? Why not! You are master of your fried rice destiny, so go with it, bacon fiends! Be sure to follow Sharon on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for more tasty recipe inspiration.
2 cups cooked day old rice (equals to 1 cup uncooked rice)
3 slices of bacon, diced
2 eggs, beaten and scrambled
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1/3 cup carrot, diced
3 white mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
ground black pepper
1. Loosen up day old rice with a spoon.
2. In a nonstick pan, scramble the beaten eggs with a touch of olive oil over medium high heat. Set aside.
3. Stir bacon in the same pan over high heat for 5-7 minutes until crispy and the color of the bacon turns into dark red. Set aside with the scrambled eggs. Make sure you leave the melted fat in the pan.
4. Add carrots and onions into the pan and sauté for 3 minutes with the bacon fat until onions are translucent.
5. Add rice, green bell peppers and mushrooms into the pan and keep stirring for another 3 minutes.
6. Reduce to medium heat. Put cooked bacon and eggs back into the pan. Add oyster sauce and toss until even.
7. Turn off the heat. Sprinkle a generous pinch of ground black pepper. Transfer to a serving plate or bowl and serve.
Tags: asian, bacon, breakfast, chinese food, egg, eggs, food, fried, lunch, recipe, rice
This post was written by Mr. B.