Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Kabobs
Kabobs are a summertime BBQ favorite! Throw these on the grill this summer. Kabobs are an easy crowd pleaser and can be easily customized to your preference by using your favorite meats and veggies. Just make sure you bacon-wrap ‘em! Enjoy.
- 2 Large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb. of bacon
- One 20 oz. can pineapple chunks in 100% pineapple juice
- 1 bottle of teriyaki sauce (we used Kikoman)
- One 12 oz. package grape tomatoes
- 2 zucchini
- 3 Tbsp. mesquite seasoning
- 1 pack wooden skewers
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for 2 hours. Take 3 Tbsp. mesquite seasoning and put in a large bowl for marinade. Drain the juice into a measuring cup. Remember the measurement of the juice as you will need to double that amount for the teriyaki sauce. Add pineapple juice and teriyaki sauce to the large bowl with the mesquite seasoning and stir.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and add to the marinade. Let chicken marinade for at least 2 hours. Cut bacon strips in half through the width of the strip. Slice the zucchini in slices and lightly season with the mesquite seasoning. Wrap the marinated chicken with the bacon strips.
- Assemble the kabobs. Cook kabobs on a grill or oven at 425F. Turn every 5 min. and cook until chicken is no longer pink.
Tags: bacon, bacon wrapped, barbecue, BBQ, grill, kabobs, kebobs, mesquite, recipe, summer
This post was written by Mr. B.