In our opinion, getting sloshed on Bacon Eggnog is the best part of the holidays!
Spiced and Spiked Bacon Eggnog
Makes 12 Servings
4 Cups Milk
5 Whole Cloves
1/2 tsp Bourbon Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
2-3 Tbsp Bacon Grease
12 Egg Yolks
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 3/4 cups Light Rum (optional)
4 cups Light Cream
2 tsps Bourbon Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1 package Cinnamon Sugar Bacon, finely chopped.
1. Combine the milk, bacon grease, cloves, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and cinnamon in a saucepan, and heat over low heat, bring milk mixture to a slow boil.
2. In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar. Whisk together until fluffy.
3. Slowly whisk hot milk mixture into the eggs a little at a time.
4. Chop up 4 cooked bacon strips into small pieces. If you want smooth eggnog, use a food processor to chop the bacon. Add the bacon into the mixture.
5. Pour mixture back into the saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for about 3 minutes, or until the mixture thickens. Do not allow mixture to boil. Strain to remove cloves, and let cool for about an hour.
4. Stir in the cream, remaining 2 teaspoons of vanilla, and nutmeg. Slowly whisk in the rum (you can leave this out for the under 21 version, but you know you don’t really want to!). Refrigerate overnight before serving to allow the flavors to ripen.
5. Serve in a chilled glass topped with half of a slice of bacon. You may also rim your glass with cinnamon-sugar for extra presentation, if you’d like.
Tags: bacon, bacon drink, bacon rum, booze, eggnog, holiday drinks, holidays, rum
This post was written by Piggy Piggy Princess