Bacon and brownie lovers unite! Yes, you’re seeing it correctly. Bacon has decided to mate with the chocolate brownie and the offspring is so adorably delicious, you’ll have the words “Nom Nom Nom” running through your head. It’s the ultimate confection for stoners and bacon lovers alike.
First you need bacon. Use as many strips as you would like. This recipe has 4 strips. You may as well cook all the bacon because even if you don’t use all the strips in your brownies, you’ll still want to snack on them while making this delicatessen.
Next, you need to get the brownie mix. Use your favorite. Be fancy and get the Turtle Brownie mix. This mix comes with a bag of caramel to pour on top of your mix. Delish!
Next up, eggs and vegetable oil.
Okay, time to get down to it.
1) Pre-heat your oven to 350°F.
2) Grease a 13”x9” baking pan. (8” and 9” square pans will also work just fine.)
3) Heat up a frying pan. Pre-cook some bacon for about 3 minutes per side. Not too much – you don’t want to totally fry it, you just want to get it a little past raw. Raw is bad for taste as well as for your intestinal tract. The bacon should just be starting to brown and might be a little crispy.
4) When the bacon is ready, set it aside on a plate lined with paper towels to help drain some of the grease.
5) Following the directions on the box, combine the brownie mix, vegetable oil, water and eggs.
6) When the batter is ready, pour slightly less than half of it into the pan.
7) Now add the bacon. You can go as big or as small as you would like. That’s the great thing about bacon – there’s no wrong amount unless you don’t have enough!
8) Now add the rest of the brownie batter on top of the bacon. Be sure to cover it all up.
9) A little tasty caramel to finish it off.
10) It’s ready for the oven, so take another look at the box and bake it for however long it says. Betty Crocker suggested 27 minutes, but these were done in just 22.
11) Let the brownies cool for a few minutes, then dig in! Yep, it’s good isn’t it?
Bacon Brownies are a definite must in the bacon and dessert world. You can’t call yourself a bacon lover until you’ve tasted these.
Life is good. Bacon is better.
Tags: brownies, Chocolate, desserts, print
This post was written by bacontodayadmin