January 25, 2011 5:00 am
The Superbowl is just 2 weeks away, and whether you are into the game or just enjoy the commercials, food plays a huge part in each party. Josh has prepared a set of recipes using bacon jam that would be great for Super Bowl parties. Bacon Jam is a great resource for anyone that loves bacon, or loves to cook. One of these three recipes will be published today, and the the other two as the Superbowl draws near.
The first recipe we are going to release is Bacon Jam and Spinach Dip.
• Kosher salt
• 1 10-ounce bags spinach, stems removed
• 1 10-ounce bag of arugula
• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
• 2 tablespoons minced onion
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
• 1 1/4 cups whole milk
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
• 1 1/4 cups grated parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup sour cream, plus more for
• 1/4 cup bacon jam
• 1/2 cup shredded white sharp cheddar cheese
• 1/2 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, squeezed dry and finely chopped
• Tortilla chips and salsa, for serving
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Stir in the spinach and arugula and cook until bright green, about 30 seconds. Drain and rinse under cold water; squeeze out the excess moisture, then finely chop.
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and
teaspoon salt and cook until the onion is soft, about 2 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted, about 1 minute. Whisk in the milk and cook, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 2 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in the lemon juice, bacon jam, parmesan and sour cream.Return the pot to low heat. Add the spinach, cheddar and artichokes and stir until the cheese melts and the dip is heated through, maybe 1 minute. Serve warm with tortilla chips, or crostini. Enjoy
Tags: bacon, Bacon Jam, recipe, Superbowl
Categorised in: Bacon Recipes, Featured
This post was written by Mr. B.