Enjoy this recipe submitted by one of our BT readers.
Pardon the stupid name, but I needed something that conveyed the sinful goodness of this low-brow gourmet treat.
1. Hot dogs, or whatever wieners you prefer: as many as you want
2. Bacon: one strip per wiener
3. Jalapenos, or other hot peppers: how hot do you want it?
4. Corn batter mix: enough to do the job
5. Enough beer to mix the corn batter (I prefer something hoppy) or water
Start by cooking your bacon just for a minute or 2, until it firms up a bit. Don’t let it get crispy or you won’t be able to wrap it around the wiener. Just for the hell of it, you can add the bacon grease to your fryer (waste not..). Next you skewer your wieners on a wooden kabob stick. Wrap a strip of bacon around each wiener and secure with a toothpick or 2. Dice the peppers finely. Mix your corn batter with the beer or water. I like to use mostly beer, but it’s your wiener going into the batter so that’s up to you. Toss in diced peppers to suit your heat tolerance and start dipping your wieners and frying them, just a couple at a time to ensure your oil temp doesn’t drop.
Tags: bacon, hot dog, jalapenos
This post was written by Mr. B.