Bacon Syrup

June 19, 2010 2:14 pm Published by 11 Comments

One small step for man, one giant leap for bacon lovers everywhere. That’s what we see as the promise of this product from Torani.

Bacon flavored syrup. A magical potion inside a glass bottle that helps any drink taste more like bacon. Are you religious? I wasn’t…until now.

You know, we’ve all tried to wrap things in bacon, use bacon flavored seasoning, and even drop bacon in drinks to satiate our bacon desires. Torani may have just filled the last void in our bacon lives.

Take a look at the Torani flavor chart and you’ll find bacon right where it should be…between apple & banana. Mom always told you to eat your fruits & vegetables. Now you can tell her you’re drinking your bacon.

Here’s what they have to say about their new syrup. “Bacon enthusiasts will recognize the same savory, meaty flavor as authentic bacon in this salty, sweet syrup. Torani Bacon syrup adds savory bacon flavor to cocktails, lattes, sauces and more. Just add 1/2 – 1 oz. of syrup to a 6-8 oz. beverage, and enjoy this innovative new flavor from Torani.”

Torani suggests you use their bacon syrup in Manhattans, Milkshakes, Old-Fashioneds and Bloody Marys. We here at Bacon Today want to know what kind of bacony drinks you’re going to make with bacon syrup! Bacon lemonade? Bacon Coke? Bacon Beer? Let us know!

Thanks to Bacon Today reader Chad K. for the heads up on this product.

This post was written by Mr. B.

• p says:

sweet god in heaven, world market carries torani syrups… i was there today and didn’t even think to look. methinks it will go well with vodka and soda.

• jack says:

first on my list is the classic diet coke with bacon.

• Chris says:

I’m not sure as of yet what would be in them, but cocktails entitled “Slaughtered Pig”, “Heart-stopper”, and “Porky’s Pee” are sure to start popping up everywhere. …Hey, maybe I should create them! 😉

• The Pope... From TV says:

I think this is going first on ice cream, and then maybe apple pie. After that I’m going to mix it with some eggnog! Maybe I’d go light and mix it with some whiskey. If you’ve ever had Bakon Vodka you’d know that bacon goes with liquor like it goes with eggs. I might try bacon milk. Maybe warm up some apple cider and put some in there.

Oh my god there are so many uses for this. Bacon syrup is the new ketchup!

• The Pope... From TV says:

Oh my god, they make a maple syrup flavor too! These are going on EVERYTHING. Together. Maple bacon milk, maple bacon cake frosting, I wonder if you can cook with these? Maple bacon pancakes would be delicious. Or maple bacon STEAK. Oh my god!

• fred says:

Bacon Latte = good, kind of odd to drink Bacon

Bacon Mocha = AMAZING!!! Smokey and chocolatey!!!

• codongolev says:

I was just trolling the intertubes looking for something to do with this (I’ve found plenty of ideas, btw) and I thought I’d drop my two cents in (I don’t know how old this post is, but I found it, so I’m betting someone else will too). I have this syrup, and if you’ve ever had a maple bacon lollipop, it tastes kind of like that but more meaty (almost like real bacon covered in syrup). it’s amazing.

• The taste has been described as more “savoury” than “sweet”.

Waiting to hear feedback from someone putting this on actual bacon.

• HCK says:

Milk chocolate with bacon syrup. So good.

• David Archibeque says:

Bacon syrup for our Snow Cones. During Bacon fest.
    Snow Cone Xpress.

• Steven says:

I think they discontinued this product