I Can Has Bacon Cookiez

April 12, 2010 5:21 am Published by 8 Comments

Jessica Lada over at The Blargh Critic came up with this tempting recipe for bacon chip cookies (that’s right, replace chocolate chips with crispy bacon the way nature intended) that she was kind enough to share with us here at Bacon Today.

In her own words Jessica writes, “My fiancé, good country boy that he is, also loves bacon.   But his roommate in Brooklyn was a vegan who very strongly discouraged any bacon in the apartment.  He said it made his clothes smell.   But as much as he hated bacon, he loved my homemade cookies.

One weekend I decided to create my own cookie recipe by combining two of my favorite things.  I took my mom’s chocolate chip cookie recipe and made a few substitutions.  In place of part of the shortening, I used bacon drippings.  I added a third cup of maple syrup and some molasses.  And instead of chocolate chips, I fried a pound of bacon and crumbled it up.   (Needless to say, the bacon-hating roommate was not impressed.)  I know it sounds bizarre, but the combination of crunchy golden cookie, little salty morsels of bacon, and just a hint of maple syrup is absolutely divine.”

I Can Has Bacon Cookiez Recipe

1 1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. crisco
1 Tbsp. bacon drippings
1/2 c. powdered sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1/3 c. maple syrup
1 Tbsp. molasses
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 lb. bacon, fried crispy and crumbled
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder

Cream together everything but the bacon, flour, and baking powder, then gradually stir in the dry ingredients.

Globs the size of ping pong balls, squished to about 1/4?. Bake 14-16 minutes, 350 degrees. Makes 4-5 dozen.

Tags: , ,

This post was written by bacontodayadmin

• Nick says:

Yum, trying this asap

• Jessica Lada says:

I should definitely make another batch of these. I had forgotten how awesome they look.

• Bacon Bob from Buffalo says:

A couple of years ago a friend said to me “I’m bakin’ peanut butter cookies this weekend, want some?” What I heard was “Bacon peanut butter cookies…”.
    She thought I was crazy as I begged her to try and make a batch. They were the best cookies I have ever had. I shared my batch with a few friends and before the batch was gone she had orders, and the cash in her hand, to make 5 more batches the next weekend.

• Nancy Beldin says:

I have had these cookies and despite not being a pork lover, I loved these cookies. They are very good!

• fatamerican says:

So really, you guys are retarded. I mean people wonder why other country’s call us stupid and fat. this is why because we put bacon with everything. cookies are fatty enough, you add bacon to it? ok so it might taste good, but seriously learn to not be so gluttonous. Just because you can doesnt mean you should.

• Bacon Bob from Buffalo says:

@ fatamerican…. moderation is the key… I didn’t read anything about anyone consuming these cookies all day everyday. Comments like yours would be why other COUNTRIES (not country’s… you retard) call us stupid. They call us fat because a large percentage of the USA population is, but bacon and cookies, or bacon cookies is not the reason.

• agreed says:

well said baconbob, I wish people were less ignorant. Certainly everyone can enjoy a bacon cookie in moderation, at least I hope so when I try them this week. Thanks to Jessica for the recipe

• ame says:

lol. I was just thinking about experimenting with bacon drippings and choc. chip. I had made a spice cookie with bacon fat — but I’m not a big spice cookie person.

Someone sent me this link… yum! I’m looking forward to making this. although, I’ll probably replace the 1/4 c. crisco with bacon fat.

if anyone wants the spice cookie recipe…http://baconfiend.blogspot.com/2010/05/bacon-cookies-yum.html