Wendy’s Bacon & Blue – is it the thing to do?

March 10, 2010 7:00 am Published by 13 Comments

Wendy’s has introduced a new bacon burger. This time it’s the Bacon & Blue. Our question to you is — what do you think? We want your reviews!

The basic details are:

• North American beef that’s never frozen
  • Blue cheese crumbles
  • Thick cut applewood smoked bacon
  • Sauteed onions
  • Steakhouse sauce

We’ll be doing a review of this burger soon, but before we do we want to hear what you think. Let us know!

Tags:

This post was written by Mr. B.

• Dave says:

I tried it last summer while passing through Rhode Island. I guess Rhode Island is a big test market. I thought it was a great combination and that all the flavors complimented each other well. I looked for it when I came back home but couldn’t find it. I was actually going to go out later to pick one up.

• Lars Vargas says:

It sounds like a Baconator, but even better. I can’t wait to try one (without the lettuce).

• Vanessa says:

I am not a burger person at all but when I heard about the bacon&blue I just had to try it. The first bite was a little unusual because I wasnt expecting that taste from the sauce but from that point on I was hooked. I read people saying they wish it was just the regular blue cheese dressing on it, which I think would be disgusting. This is the best burger Ive had in my life. The bacon is actually bacon and not thin wrinkly slices of mostly fat like most other places. I hope this burger sticks around. =]

• Jim says:

Granted it was 30 years ago, but my Dad was a Federal Meat Inspector and he used to say that Wendy’s ground beef passed inspection, but he wouldn’t eat there. I have never eaten at a Wendy’s in my life.

• susan says:

This burger rocks! I get it without onions – too messy to eat and drive with the fried onions. Real bacon. Real bleu cheese. (Not the best bleu cheese, but hey, it’s fast food!) I have had at least 6 of these and keep going back.

• Violetta says:

This is one of the best burgers I’ve ever eaten! Our Wendy’s consistently does a great job with it. The meat tastes better than any of the regular burgers I’ve ever had there. Wendy’s is usually not a favorite of mine, but I am addicted to this burger!! The blending of the flavors is awesome. The bacon is real bacon. Wendy’s has been trumpeting real bacon for a long time, but it never tasted right to me until this applewood bacon – it’s the real thing, and about time!

• Omg says:

I agree with the person above, this is the best burger I have ever had in my life. It is off the chain (no pun intended?)…but seriously. People are giving me grief of “but i don’t like bleu cheese wahhhhh”. Grow a pair and try it.

• Stephen says:

Love this burger. Get it with just ketchup and mustard.

• p says:

i tried this a couple of weeks ago. i am not a wendy’s fan, but DAYUM.

• Rachel says:

I tried this with high hopes. It was ok. They seriously skimped on the bleu cheese, it barely had any, nothing like the pic. The bacon is always good though. Had the burger been up to par with the proper amount of bleu cheese it would have been awesome. I’ll have to try making it at home instead.

• Marsha says:

I love it! The blue cheese gives a completely different taste.The bacon is always good, never too thin, never overcooked. Around here ( Orlando, FL) it always has enough blue cheese. I always ask for the tomato and the lettuce on the side so they don’t get cooked by the hot beef (when this happens it changes the taste of the sandwich completely). It’s my favorite burger since I tasted for the first time.

• B- says:

They took these away in my city. I almost slit my wrists.