Aces on 29th in Superior, Wisconsin

March 9, 2009 12:01 am Published by 9 Comments

aces-main

We travel a lot and everywhere we go we try to seek out the best bacon in town. On a recent trip to the midwest, I was able to stop in quite a few places in Minnesota and Wisconsin to taste some great bacon meals.

aces-logoOne spot in particular really blew me away with the tastiness & quality was Aces on 29th in Superior, WI. With 9 items featuring bacon on the menu this was the kind of place that Bacon Today lives for, but the famous Charburger® was what really solidified Aces on 29th as a must-stop destination anytime I’m in the northern midwest.

The Charburger® got its start in around 1961 at the legendary regional drive through restaurant Nick’s Burger King in Duluth, Minnesota. The last Nick’s closed in 2002, but now with Aces on 29th the Charburger® legend lives on. With its 1/3 lb. all-beef burger, melted Swiss cheese, carmelized onions, kosher pickels, ketchup reduction sauce, and sesame bun, this burger is done to perfection. Add a couple thick slices of crispy smoked bacon for $1 and you’ve got a heavenly treat for any bacon lover.

When the burger arrived at the table it looked fabulous and was served with seasoned waffle fries.

aces-burger-closed

I opened the burger and saw near perfection in bacon burger creation. As we always do when testing bacon meals, I broke off a small piece of bacon and tasted it before the rest of the burger. The crispy, thick sliced bacon was incredible and I quickly dove in to the complete meal.

aces-open

The complete burger and fries were awesome. The combination of the Charburger’s smokey taste and the thick smoked bacon was a perfect match. The meal earns a Smaste™ rating of 42.998. This burger will be hard to beat.

If you’re ever near Superior, WI do yourself a favor and head over to Aces on 29th and add bacon to your burger.

Tags: , , , , ,

This post was written by Corey James

• Matt O says:

One of the best bacon burgers in the world.

• Waffeln says:

Hmm Flavorful! :). Thanks for the share

• Tony says:

Do not eat here! They have poor food and worse management! Not clean either!

• noname says:

You’re nuts Tony…just ate there last week….jan 2011….and the char-cheeseburger was Great, as were the crispy onion rings (to die for)! The waitress was extremely nice and helpful. Mid Day so it was quiet and we would have easily noticed if it was Not Clean…..
    Loved the Ketchup Reduction also….thick and delish….almost like sweet/sour….Although I would have liked a nice big Pickle Spear instead of the pickle chips.

• Melanie says:

Hey everyone- thanks for trying aces- we love all of our customers and their feedback is both meaningful and helpful in making some great changes. Ace’s recently went through a change in ownership- so retaining our good reviews through january- thanks noname; means a lot, not just to aces owners and staff but also to our customers, both new and old. Come to aces and try the new Peggy Burger, smothered in Peggy sauce and topped with Bluecheese crumbles- for all the cheeseheads 🙂

Melanie, waitress

• noname says:

No Problem, Melanie. It annoys me when people make false claims about a business. Your establishement is NOT DIRTY. You may even remember me and my friend. I took an order of the Char Burger and battered rings to go for my husband. I do honestly Prefer the CRUNCHY onion rings to the battered!! The Crunchy remind me of the Pickwicks Rings 🙂 Will Definitely return with or without my friend for the Peggy Burger……and those CRISPY Rings!

• noname says:

BTW, we came from Piedmont and Lakeside area in Duluth for the Fabulous Char-Cheese Burger. The Choice in Crunchy or Battered rings was a BONUS find! Thinking about the waffle or sweet potato fries too!

• noname says:

Just gave you guys at Aces a “plug” on the DNT Area Voices….Also mentioned your Extended Happy Hours…..

• todd says:

great specials, good server, ashley. Didn’t like the dark haired female bartender. Let me know when she is fired, then i will come back.