Bacon Wrapped Bacon Wrapped Bacon (BWBWB) – The Challenge

March 2, 2009 12:01 am Published by 10 Comments

We hereby issue a challenge to all bacon lovers…

How many bacons can you wrap with more bacon?

That’s right, we’re throwing down the gauntlet and challenging you to come up with the most bacon-only combinations you can muster. Can you hit the illustrious bacon wrapped bacon wrapped bacon wrapped bacon (BWBWBWB) or go for an even more impressive concoction?

To get the ball rolling, we’ve created two of our own…

bwbwbwb

2. Prociutto
    wrapped with
  3. Turkey Bacon
    wrapped with
  4. Double-Smoked Thick Sliced Bacon

prosciutto-thumb pancetta-thumb turkey-bacon-thumb bacon-thumb

Send your photos, videos & text of your BWBWB, etc. to bacontoday@gmail.com or leave links in the comments of this article.

Happy baconing!

4. Turkey Bacon

wrapped with

5. Double-Smoked Thick Sliced Bacon

wrapped with

6. Canadian bacon

• Aeric Basquen says:

How about starting off with a slab of pork belly.

• M-D says:

I definitely think pork belly would make a good core. Done right, you should have a crispy outer crust of bacons with a juicy, supple, tender bite of pork belly in the center.

I’d say:

1. Pork Belly (grilled over applewood)
    2. Prosciutto (to get a saltier layer around the belly)
    3. Pancetta (for the spices)
    4. Double-Smoked Thick sliced Bacon (main bacon crust)
    5. Maple-glazed bacon (seared to a good crispy, sweet outer layer)

It should come across kind of like an everlasting gobstopper of pork fat.

The key will be to get the right level of “done-ness” for each layer… so you go from a cloudlike tender pork belly to meaty cured prosciutto and pancetta… then the crispy outer cores of well-done bacon. While I think BWBWBWBWB is verging on the ridiculous, with the right composition it could work brilliantly.

• chuck says:

I love your stuff, and the article about bacon wrapped bacon wrapped bacon wrapped bacon. However. Turkey bacon is NOT BACON, and should never ever never never ever never (NENNEN) be included in anything bacon related. NEVER

• start with lots of bacon, then eat it

• LBV says:

How about
    1. Lardo
    2. Prociutto
    3. Pancetta
    4. Canadian Bacon
    5. thin sliced bacon
    6. UK style back bacon
    7. Thick sliced peppered bacon

• Connie Acord says:

I have a bacon onion ring recipe that is off the hook!
    With as much as I love bacon (my friends call me the “purple bacon lady”[I only ware purple]) I like to wrap my onion slices with Canadian bacon first then a layer of smoked peppered bacon and a final layer of thin sliced maple bacon to thoroughly contain the whole onion-bacon package before you dip them in the onion ring coating and deep fry them. Unfortunately you can’t do more than three layers of bacon or it won’t be cooked all the way through without burning the outside coating. Also, for giving them, we found that fry sauce mixed with green Tabasco is phenomenal!