Bacon Vodka

January 31, 2009 12:01 am Published by 10 Comments

The Brownie Points Blog’s McAuliflower dreamed up bacon vodka one day while working in “the lab”. We don’t know exactly what kind of lab she’s in, but we hope it’s filled floor-to-ceiling with bacon.

The process actually sounds kind of easy – you take a few strips of fried bacon, put it in a mason jar with some vodka, lock in in a dark place for a few weeks and then strain it through a coffee filter.

Here’s what it looks like…

bacon_vodka

She suggests using it for bloody marys or giving it away as a gift. I think that the Double Down Saloon should use it in their Bacon Martinis.

Bacon Vodka Recipe

by McAuliflower of the Brownie Points Blog

Ingredients

3 strips delicious bacon

1 pint vodka

Place the bacon strips in a mason jar and fill with vodka. Cap the jar.

Put the jar into a dark cabinet for 3 weeks.

Move jar to freezer to solidify the fat.

Strain vodka through a coffee filter to remove fat. Bacon vodka will be pale yellow.

Decant into decorative bottles and enjoy.

— Mr. B

Tags: , ,

This post was written by bacontodayadmin

• GimmeSomeBacon! says:

My friend hosts a Bloody Mary Breakfast every once in a while. He makes bacon vodka for the event. He captured the process of makin’ bacon here:

• Charlie says:

I made some of this about a month ago… it was simply AMAZING!

• JD says:

I had gone to a local bar in center city Philly that makes their own. Wasn’t really sure what to expect. I loved it. I’m not a big drinker to begin with so most alcohol to me either I dont like the taste or the burning sensation when it goes down. With the bacon vodka there was none of that. It was very smooth with no burning sensation, and it didnt taste like bacon or alcohol. The only thing that bothered me a little was the smell of bacon bits but I’m pretty sure that was the smell of the bacon salt on the rim of the glass. So this is something I think most people should try.

• porky says:

I would assume that the bacon you add to the Vodka is cooked. The recipe does not distinguish.

• pam says:

someone told me to make it with raw smoked bacon which i just did now did i just ruin my vodka? please let me know email me.

• Thanks for another magnificent article. Where else may just anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect approach of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I’m on the search for such info.

• Ana says:

Best bar I visit so far in Phnom Penh so many beautiful girls not the chaesept one here but it worth the money really good music too.Sven G