Bacon-Wrapped Encore

January 16, 2009 12:01 am Published by 8 Comments

Wrapping things in bacon is an art that was recently perfected by Chief Baconographer Corey James. Chicken. Polenta. Cheese. If you can dream it, Corey wrapped it in bacon last Christmas. Now it’s my turn.

Sort of.

I took a trip to the Disneyland of the kitchen – Costco. I needed a whole lot of waffles, so I went to Costco. I needed a year’s supply of cheese. So I went to Costco.

There I was, between the waffles and the cheese, minding my own non-bacony business when all of a sudden I found myself face to face with this…

baconwrappedsirloin

Bacon-wrapped sirloin steaks. Six, 7 ounce steaks, wrapped and ready to cook. All for just $12.29.

Smaste™ rating to follow.

Until then, happy bulk shopping.

— Mike

Tags: ,

This post was written by Mike Kirsch

• Corey James says:

When’s the party Mike? I’m on my way over 🙂
    Those steaks look mighty Smastey™!

–Corey James

• I saw your post and asked my mom to pick this up for me when she went to Costco this weekend. Instead she picked me up a box of bite-sized bacon wrapped steak that was $14 and change. Let me know how those are and I’ll send my mom on another mission.

• Mike Kirsch says:

The steaks are in my freezer. They stare at me. They whisper, “Cook us.”

If I cook it, you will come.

• Valerie says:

Hi I have these very same steaks in my freezer right now. Can you recommend the best way to cook them?
    Thanks

• David says:

Horrible, do not buy… Just threw 2 of them away, worst steak i have ever had.

• Jennifer Martin says:

These are the best steaks ever!! grilled a bit then finished them off in the oven… So tender and flavorful!! I loved them! Not usually a top sirloin eater, but this is a must! Headed to Costco to load up for summer before they move them out!!

• A1 says:

First one I cooked medium, no good. Second one I cooked almost well. Much much better and still tender. I flipped them for a bit on the bacon side too to make them crispy.

• JD says:

There is no way these are horrible!

If you cook these on the grill per the instructions, they come out perfect.

On a HOT grill – pre-heat to at least 500 Deg. Cook 5 min. on one side (cover the grill – and do not keep flipping) then 6 min on the other. Remove from the grill and immediately place in a covered tray or baking disk. Before you eat them, let them rest for 5 to 10 min.

Utterly delicious!