Bacon Lampshade

November 19, 2008 12:01 am Published by 6 Comments

I’m just not sure what to say about this one.

It’s a lamp shade

Made of bacon.

Here at BT, we take pride in reporting all the best, most important, most interesting bacon news to you, our faithful and meaty readers. Sometimes, though, a story, or in this case a product, blurs the lines between clever and just plain ridiculous.

The bacon lamp shade pulls inspiration from our ancestors. By ‘ancestors’, I am referring to our caveman and cavewoman predecessors who killed mammalian prey with their bare hands and would then string the sinewy meat from the animal’s own bones at the mouth of their cave to dry in the cool mountain breeze. (Or so I have read.) My point is this – the bacon lamp shade is ugly. Plus, it’s not even functional. If the lampshade actually cooked the bacon, that at least would be something. But this. This is nothing but a waste of bacon.

Bacon Today cannot endorse this product.

Can you?

— Mike

Photo Credit: http://www.foundshit.com/bacon-lamp-shade/

Tags: ,

This post was written by bacontodayadmin

• Lars Vargas says:

I suspect this would gather a pretty low Smaste(TM) rating, in addition to its other shortcomings.

We can only hope that this abomination will inspire someone clever to make a bacon-looking lampshade out of something more appropriate (like cloth) and save the bacon for its intended purpose — eating.

I dig the pig, but not as decoration.

• Mom says:

This is a pretty scary concept.

• Muttie says:

Wouldn’t this leave the nice aroma of bacon in the room? At least initially before it draws the insects, flies, maggots and other forms of putrifaction?

• Danny says:

If you use high voltage light bulbs you could make a rack in the shape of a lampshade and use it to cook your bacn

• Kris Kelley says:

Hello, this is Kris Kelley, the proud creator of the bacon lampshade. First of all, I do think that the lampshade is quite ridiculous, that’s sort of the point. However, I can’t say that I think a lamp shade made out of bacon is any more ridiculous than a website devoted to bacon. I hope you don’t take that as an insult, your website is great. My intention was to create a piece of artwork as a joke for a friends birthday. Not to create a bacon-cooking appliance.
    My inspiration came not from my ancestors, in fact, I can’t really say where the inspiration came from, other than a drunken conversation with above mentioned friend, the birthday girl. The lamp was actually quite functional for about 2 weeks, and surprisingly didn’t attract any bugs. However, after about 2 weeks, it began to drip a slimy goo and was thrown out.
    I hate to admit to you guys that I’m going to “waste” some more bacon, but I think that a good dunk in some polyurethane resin would preserve the lampshade for, maybe, eternity.
    I don’t always waste bacon, I’m currently making Bacon Peanut Brittle.
    If you want to read the whole story of the lampshade’s creation, you can read about it here: http://blog.krismkelley.com/2008/10/31/making-a-bacon-lamp-shade-or-the-creepiest-birthday-gift-ever/

• nikki says: