17 Mouthwatering Facts About Bacon

I thought I knew a lot about bacon, until I read an article on Asylum.com.

Did you know that bacon started in China around 1500 BC?  Yeah, neither did I!  (I’m not exactly sure where and when I thought bacon was “born” but I know I wasn’t thinking it was during the Shang Dynasty.)

Check out their site and original post here.

And by all means, enjoy!

Click to Shop Bacon!

61 comments

1. 86Chasity says:

I have noticed you don’t monetize your website, don’t waste your traffic, you can earn extra cash every month because you’ve got
    high quality content. If you want to know how to make
    extra money, search for: best adsense alternative Wrastain’s tools

2. Brodie says:

Bacon is incredible. I am going to change my name to Bacon so people will love me. My, oh, my – Bacon is very healthy, tasty and traditional. Not to mention being the best food of all bloody time. GIMME.

3. MsWorld says:

I don’t understand why there was nothing included on the cancer-causing effects of nitrates used to preserve bacon, and the cholesterol and saturated fat content.

4. Smrtenuf says:

We should eat fish and chicken because their brains are different than mammals? Pigs are mean, and they are bred to be eaten. Same as cows. And to be honest, if you handed me some dolphin for dinner, I would eat it. Why? Because they are animals, and I am a human at the top of the food chain. That means I get to eat what I want. All of this save the animals! stuff is garbage. Humans are omnivores, and should eat as such.

5. foible says:

I too, am somewhat of a learned fellow from the United States! I also am thoroughly displeased with anyone that follows the hatch-brained notion that shit should be so damn “protected.” For millions of years on this planet, (before, during and eventually, after humans,) animals have lived and died, and will continue to do so. Species have become extinct. So what, the dawn of man was a harbinger to our unending responsibility to ensure that, for the rest of eternity, no RNA-based organism is to ever die again? Bull shit. Poaching and systematic genocide, yea, that’s bad. Sure, we should endeavor to reduce and replace the “carbon footprint,” (which is more of a curb-stomp,) that we’ve left on this planet. We are omnivores. ALL things on this planet are our food. Just don’t eat other humans, ’cause that shit’ll make you go crazy. If all life is sacred, quit killin’ germs with your antimicrobial soaps. Where’s the bumper stickers that say “I brake for advanced melanoma?” I don’t see anyone lobbying for the protection of HIV. And all you bird-brained vegans out there? Plants have feelings too!

6. The Boat says:

@ TootieLizardTush…dolphins are not fish…they are mammals. I eat meat, mammals and all, like your average American. Unlike your average American, I’m a bit learned.

7. Dagny says:

@gabe:

Bah. You’ve obviously never lived near a pig farm (or met people whose fingers have been taken off by those beasties).

8. Quilpole says:

Fact #19: The average Quilpole eats about 0.5lbs of bacon per day, and enjoys every bite 🙂 🙂

If pigs were so smart, they’d find a way to convince us not to eat them!

Fish? Fish? You mean those mercury-tainted buggers swimming around in our oceans? I don’t think so!

Well, time for my morning bacon-and-chocolate milk shake 😉 😉

9. gabe says:

gross. Pigs are very smart sentient beings. Its wrong to farm and kill them simply out of eating habit. All mammals should be protected. If you want to eat meat eat something like fish or chicken/turkey..they are not our relatives and have brains that are quite different from mammals. A pigs mind is like a dolphins. If we can be sentimental about dolphins we should be just as sentimental towards pigs.

10. Uncle B says:

For the Frugal Folks among you! Bacon and its saved fat can extend and flavor a multitude of rather plain but very cheap dishes and was once considered a staple food in America! Add to this fine website the recipes of old where bacon “drippings” were considered culinary gold! Expose the recent past delights of foods flavored with bacon – tell the truth! Let us return to the cheaper more flavorful recipes of America! To Hell with this cholesterol nonsense! If you are starving and need good cheap food, such drivel is of little consequence! Publish the recipes that show bacon and pork fat in general as useful culinary desirables.
    break form the Corporatists propaganda machine and let America eat well and cheaply once again!

11. foible says:

Hate to propagate, Bill, but you hopped on the bandwagon. ’tis a universal human character flaw to draw attention to oneself, be it positive or negative, through the use of “trolling,” lambasting, e-punching, criticizing, validating, expounding and so on. Yes, I too, am doing as such. As the adage states; “Ignore it and it will go away.” Anywho, all of these MARVELOUS facts about bacon have left me with an intense craving. ’tis time to nosh. Thanks for the post.

12. Bill says:

Very interesting info. I can’t believe the troll who only cares about the fact Washington D.C. was spelled wrong. Some people think criticizing others make them sound more intelligent. I think it makes them a jerk.

Comments are closed.